ASK ABOUT OUR ANTI-BULLYING PROGRAM
KIDS BJJ SCHEDULE
KIDS BJJ PROGRAM
The martial arts are something parents commonly place their children in for many reasons. Self-defense, discipline, exercise and in some cases it is just a way for the parents to get a short break. Regardless of the reason, the benefits children can gain by training are endless. Jiu-Jitsu provides many benefits to children which can follow them for life and create better individuals as a whole.
Here are 5 reasons why your kids should be training with us at 66 Jiu-Jitsu.
1. Bully Prevention & Self-Defense: Boys and girls can learn fun and exciting self- defense in a safe family environment, while also learning to effectively counteract the influence of bullies and troublemakers at school. We use special techniques which teach children how to react during situations of bullying. The goal is to provide children with positive alternatives and approaches when experiencing bullying. Your child will be able to deal with the most intimidating bullies and become strongly immune to peer pressure.
2. “The Gentle Art” No Punching or Kicking: Jiu-jitsu is safe! Unlike other martial arts which teach punches and kicks, our Jiu-jitsu program utilizes takedowns, pins, and holds which are only used as the last option against a physically assaultive bully. This promotes non-violence through respect, discipline, and compassion. Jiu-jitsu is very popular with Law Enforcement agencies because it gives the practitioner the ability to subdue an attacker without inflicting damage. This makes Jiu-jitsu incredibly useful for self-defense even with today’s ‘Zero Tolerance’ school policies.
3. No one is “benched”: 66 Jiu-Jitsu has every kid on the mat, while the benches are empty, all kids get equal ‘playing time’. There are many lessons to be learned from team and individual sports, but the ‘make the team’ model often favors the more physically developed players while alienating the late bloomers. Naturally some kids develop their skills and physical abilities earlier than others but we personally find that many kids who start out with underdeveloped athletic attributes such as strength, speed and size, end up blooming onto some of the finest technicians we have in all of our programs.
4. Discipline: Children learn discipline in Jiu-jitsu. Having the structure, respect, and discipline which Jiu-jitsu provides can be transferred into many other aspects of life. They learn to be accountable for their mistakes or misbehavior, and are more likely to make good choices because they want to, not because they fear punishment. They will show dedication, coming to class every time, practicing techniques with a partner, helping others grow and learn to embrace mistakes, knowing that mistakes are just an opportunity to make improvements.
5. Problem Solving Skills: Children who are placed into Jiu-jitsu learn vital problem solving skills. Every time anyone trains they are always faced with new problems and situations which must be overcome. This is a great way to sharpen young developing minds. Each time they are taught a new position, they must follow the instructions to complete the move, and then have the move completed on them. They will connect this move to their current understanding. In order to use new moves, they need to connect them to techniques they already know. This type of learning is very important for young children.